The UKBJJA is a non-profit organisation and any surplus funds are to be reserved for investment for development of the sport. The objectives of the UKBJJA are:
- To preserve and protect the integrity of BJJ as a performance based martial art
- To promote BJJ and encourage wider participation in all areas of the sport
- To provide a framework for national recognition of the sport
- To preserve the integrity of the ranking system
- To provide a framework for competitions and individual schools to follow to ensure minimum standards of safety and good practice
- To represent all clubs and members in a democratic and transparent manner
The UKBJJA are now able to offer Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (previously CRB checks). Please email us for further information.