why Join the UKBJJA?
By joining, you can help support the growth and development of brazilian jiu jitsu in the U.K.
THE UKBJJA IS NON-POLITICAL AND WELCOMES EVERYONE, REGARDLESS OF TEAM OR AFFILIATION
INDIVIDUAL MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
£5m member-to-member liability insurance
Ability to compete for national ranking points
Discounted entry to UKBJJA competitions, courses and events
CLUB MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
£5 public and product liability insurance for your gym
Discounted Instructor Insurance
Discount on Simply Collect membership software
Access to D.B.S. checks
Access to First Aid and Safeguarding training
Support and advice for running your club
why do you need it?
If a training partner, student or member of the public gets injured and decides to take action against you, the costs can easily run into thousands, even for minor injuries. Without adequate insurance, you risk losing your livelihood as well as a substantial amount of money – not to mention the stress of defending a claim. Individual coverage is included in your UKBJJA membership.
Club membership includes £5m public and product liability for your gym/club/academy – and it also covers your students, provided they are paid up individual members of the UKBJJA. Tournament insurance is also included.
Our insurance is provided by Towergate, underwritten by Allianz. It provides cover for the following activities: Brazillian Ju Jitsu, Grappling, Judo, Kick Boxing, Martial Arts Based Fitness, Martial Arts Based Wrestling, Martial Arts Wrestling, Mixed Martial Arts, Muay Thai, Muay Thai Boxing, Self Defence, Sparring (Martial Arts), Sport Boxing ( Martial Arts Related), Submission Wrestling, Thai Boxing, Yoga, and Kali club.
Please note this only provides cover if someone you makes a claim against you in case of injury; it is not personal injury cover or health insurance.
Policy details can be downloaded here.
Guidelines for member clubs:
- All instructors should be purple belt or higher. We may ask for proof of promotions/lineages.
- DBS checks for instructors where relevant
- First aid training for instructors
- Child protection policy in place
- Sensible policy on adult and child integration during training
- Accident report book
- First aid kit
- Fire exits to British standards
- 40mm minimum for mats with minimal gaps
- Minimum areas per pair in sparring
- No sharp edges or corners in matted area
- Cleaning policy in place for dojo area
- Clear rules for students to remove jewellery before training
- Zero tolerance for skin infections and policy for advice on treatment
- Supervision and training for use of weights/fitness equipment if applicable
- Member to member insurance for all students
- Instructor insurance and club insurance
- Agree to abide by the policies and procedures of the UKBJJA
Full copies of UKBJJA policies are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org