UPDATED 26 DECEMBER 2021
This page lists the most recent guidelines for practising BJJ in the UK. Please check back regularly.
Clubs and gyms affected by coronavirus restrictions should check whether they can claim any support funding – we have produced a guide to available support HERE.
Following this afternoons announcement by the First Minister we regret to announce that from Boxing day indoor contact training will have to stop for up to 3 weeks.
Non contact training e.g dummy classes & conditioning classes can still take place but gyms must ensure that 1m social distancing is in place at all times.
It is advised that if you do run non contact classes during this time you keep changing areas closed and participants attend in their training gear.
From December 27, 2021 Gyms may stay open and full contact training is permitted, subject to additional restrictions. In summary:
• Covid tests before training are recommend
• Facemasks remain mandatory in indoor public places (Not when training)
• Contact tracing required (NHS QR code)
• Maximum 30 participants for 18s and over
• No maximum numbers for Under 18s (if any 18s or over participanting max number restrictions apply to all)
• Updated risk assessments to be in place
• Social distancing to be in place when not participating
No current restrictions on training or competition. You are advised to follow all relevant guidance in the links below:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) regulations guidance (nidirect.gov.uk)
Latest guidance for sports (Sport NI)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) regulations guidance: sport, culture and leisure activities (nidirect.gov..uk)
FAQ Guidance (sport NI)