UKBJJA Covid-19 Elite Athlete Return to Training
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (name, age, gender, contact details)
- BJJ competition history and UKBJJA membership details
- Body temperature
- Additional information related to potential exposure to Covid-19, as captured in daily training health questionnaire
Why do we need this information?
This information is necessary for compliance with Stages 1 and 2 of the DCMS Elite Athlete Return to Training guidelines. In addition, data will be monitored and collated a) to ensure a safe training environment and minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission; b) to inform future decision making and risk assessments relating to the full resumption of BJJ training and re-opening of BJJ academies
How do we process this information?
- Information will be gathered by the participating Academies’ Data Officer and uploaded via a secure website link. It will be stored securely on the website database and on a secure, password protected laptop.
- Personal data will be stored independently of UKBJJA membership databases and will not be cross-referenced, except to ensure valid membership for insurance purposes.
- Personal data will be seen only by members of the UKBJJA Covid Committee
- Gathered data will be used to produce reports for relevant stakeholders, including, but not limited to: UKBJJA Board of Directors, Sport England, Public Health England. In all reports, participating athletes will be anonymised and any identifying markers removed prior to publication.
- Personal data will be stored for a maximum of 2 years and will be securely destroyed at the end of this period
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Please contact us at [email protected]; +44(0)1912837910; UKBJJA, The Beacon, Westgate Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE4 9PQ if you wish to make a request.
UKBJJA Covid Committee Contact Details:
Chief Executive Officer Mike Williams [email protected]
Chairman Richard Martin [email protected]
Covid-19 Head of Data Analytics Dr Yorrick von Ohlen [email protected]
Covid-19 Chief Medical Officer Dr Steve Murray [email protected]
Regional Director – Scotland James McIntyre [email protected]
Regional Director – Wales Neil Williams [email protected]
Regional Director – Northern Ireland Pete Lavery [email protected]
Company Registration No. 08887006
Public Liability Insurance No. 32/SZ/17940492/01/68180001