- This event has passed.
Safeguarding and Child Protection Course
19 May, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm£35
A certified half-day course on Safeguarding and Child Protection.
This course is essential for all instructors, academy owners, referees and anyone who works with children or vulnerable adults in a BJJ context.
What is covered?
- Define the different types of abuse
- Discuss the importance of consent
- Discuss the procedures for effective parental collaboration
- Identify the signs/or symptoms of abuse
- Describe factors that may contribute to an individual being more vulnerable
- Explain the actions to take if there are suspicions that an individual is being abused
- Explain the actions to take if someone alleges that they are being abused
- Identify ways to ensure that evidence of abuse is preserved
- Explain how the likelihood of abuse might be reduced
- Explain the importance of an accessible complaints procedure
UKBJJA Members: £35
Non Members: £55
Not a member? Join here!